Thursday, February 05, 2009


FENCE-FIXING

Three contractors were bidding to fix a broken fence in Malacanang Palace, and were being interviewed by no less than FG Mike himself. Two were private contractors and the other was the MMDA. The first one takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about 2.1 million pesos: 1 million pesos for materials, 1 million pesos for my equipment and crew, and 100 thousand pesos profit for me."

The second contractor also does some measuring and figuring, and says, "I can do this job for 1.6 million pesos: 750 thousand pesos for materials, 750 thousand pesos for my equipment and crew, and 100 thousand pesos profit for me."

Then comes the third contractor, an engineer from the MMDA. He doesn't do any measuring at all, but instead makes a phone call to his boss. "Opo chairman, akong bahala!" Then, he approaches FG Mike and whispers, "3.6 million pesos."

FG Mike is incredulous and whispers back, "'Di ka nag-measure like the other two guys! How did you come up with such a higher figure, que horor!?"

The MMDA engineer whispers back, "1 million for you, and 1 million for me, and we hire the second guy to fix the fence!"

"DONE!"

No comments: